Skip the Wait with a Free AirQuest by Carrier Upgrade!
Due to long Goodman lead times, we're upgrading systems for FREE to AirQuest by Carrier. No need to contact us, if you're system is eligible, we'll reach out to you with details on your FREE UPGRADE and much faster delivery!
The Goodman GSZC160481 and GCVC961205DN are perfect matches to ensure that your home is both heated and cooled comfortably throughout the year. With a high SEER rating you will also save money in your cooling bills.
The Goodman GCVC961205DN furnace is a high-efficienct gas furnace that features a two-stage gas valve and a variable-speed circulating blower that provides efficient and economical performance. With a corrosion-resistant, painted steel cabinet, these heaters can be installed in a utility room, closet, alcove, basement or attic and are designed for downflow or horizontal applications. Not intended for use in mobile homes.
The Goodman GCVC961205DN furnace is ComfortNet compatible which includes advanced diagnostics, automatic maintenance alerts, and continuous monitoring of the system's performance.
The Goodman GCVC961205DN furnace has a 96% AFUE rating which means that for every every $1.00 you spend, 96 cents goes towards heating your home.
- ComfortNet communicating systems compatible
- Heavy-Duty aluminized-steel tubular heat exchanger
- Stainless-steel secondary heat exchanger
- Two-stage gas valve provides quiet, economical heating
- Durable silicon nitride ignitor
- Quiet two-speed induced draft blower
- Self-diagnostic control board with constant memory fault code history output to a dual 7-segment display
- Color-coded low-voltage terminals with provisions for electronic air cleaner and humidifier
- Efficient and quiet variable-speed airflow system gently ramps up or down according to heating or cooling demand
- Multiple continuous fan speed options offer quiet air circulation
- Auto-comfort and enhanced dehumidification modes available
The Goodman GSZC16 series two-stage, high efficiency heat pumps offer up to 16 SEER and up to 9.7 HSPF performance, while running quietly for years of dependable service. With the built-in Goodman ComfortAlert and ComfortNet technology, installation and maintenance are more automatic and accurate than ever, reducing technician set up and repair times.
The next generation, two-stage Copeland scroll compressor ensures steady temperatures, accurately adjusting demand as needed. Designed with fewer moving parts and consuming less energy compared to reciprocating compressors, the compressor uses chlorine-free R-410A refrigerant and will provide years of reliable cooling comfort.
Engineered with quiet operation in mind, GSZC18 models feature internal sound dampening foam blankets to reduce noise and vibration during operation. The fan discharge grille and condenser fan motor also limit excess sound, without compromising performance.
- Next generation Copeland two-stage scroll compressor for reliable refrigerant flow
- Two layers of compressor protection prevents internal wear and tear
- Acoustically engineered for quiet operation using sound blankets and discharge muffler
- Bi-flow refrigerant line filtering prevents corrosion, blockages and freezing
- ComfortNet communications support for ease of set up
- ComfortAlert diagnostics module makes for easy and accurate maintenance
- Goodman SmartShift technology provides for reliable, quiet and smooth transition to defrost mode
- Extended 10-year limited parts warranty when registering online
- Energy Star compliant and AHRI certified
- Galvanized steel cabinet with baked enamel finish is built to withstand years of weather
- Louvered metal panel condenser coil protection
- Convenient access panels
120,000 BTU 96% AFUE Downflow Variable Speed Goodman Gas Furnace
With top of the line technology at high efficiency, two stage burner, and variable speed blower motor, the GCVC961205DN is another high-end gas furnace manufactured by Goodman. With enhanced durability and reliability, you can expect this Goodman gas furnace to perform well throughout its life to provide consistent comfort and lower the overall cost of bills to keep money in your pocket for many years to come.
- This furnace is ideal to heat a larger house (in average climate conditions)
- 120,000 BTU 96% AFUE two stage variable speed natural gas furnace
- Requires plastic/PVC flue venting
- Can be used in the downflow or horizontal orientation
- Can be converted to propane with an LP conversion kit (sold separately)
- Innovative design for electrical efficiency, safety, and lower sound output
The GCVC961205DN Goodman gas furnace has an input of 120,000 BTU’s. The output of the unit is 115,200 BTU’s (input X efficiency = output). This size of furnace is normally suitable for most larger houses in an ideal climate.
With one of the highest efficiency ratings available, the GCVC961205DN gas furnace is 96% efficient. At this efficiency, the GCVC961205DN uses only 4% of its gas to operate the furnace itself and 96% of the gas going into the furnace to make your home warm and comfortable. With all gas furnaces at 90% efficiency and above like this one, the flue venting must be plastic or PVC.
Two Stage Variable Speed Furnace
Allowing for a more precise air flow output to best suit your home’s needs, the motor on the GCVC961205DN is a variable speed ECM blower motor, the best blower motor that Goodman offers to date. The two stage burner on the furnace allows for a lower output and a higher output for a more precise heat output as needed by your thermostat. Both of these high-end features allow for a small increase in efficiency, but the primary benefits are enhanced comfort and a more stable temperature throughout any season of the furnace’s use.
The GCVC961205DN comes standard with Goodman’s 10 year parts warranty and its exceptional lifetime heat exchanger warranty. In order to maintain this warranty, the installation must follow your state and local codes and the unit must be registered online via Goodman’s website.
Durability and Reliability
The heavy-duty heat exchanger on the Goodman GCVC961205DN gas furnace is designed for constant use to provide enhanced reliability. The aluminized steel structure of this heat exchanger allows for a faster and more efficient heat transfer rate. Moreover, the outer casing on the unit is a heavier gauge of steel, protecting the internals of the furnace and lowering air leakage and furnace operation noise. All of these features enhance comfort and provide durability and reliability for the lifetime of the unit.
The GCVC961205DN furnace runs on natural gas from the factory. When you field-install the optional LP conversion kit (found here at an additional cost), this furnace can use propane instead when the installation requires it. This Goodman furnace is also able to be installed in the downflow or horizontal positions, allowing for a more versatile application potential.
4 Ton 16 SEER Two-Stage Goodman Heat Pump
Considered part of one of the top-of-the-line series offered by Goodman, the GSZC160481 heat pump condenser is a superior quality of unit. With all of its features, the GSZC160481 continues to promote Goodman’s goals to provide enhanced comfort at a high efficiency while staying under budget.
- Designed to cover a larger house in average climates
- 4 ton, 16 SEER heat pump condenser
- Two stage compressor
- Low sound output
- Fully charged for up to 15’ of line set
- Factory-installed bi-flow filter drier
At 4 tons, the GSZC160481 heat pump by Goodman is suitable for a larger house in average climate conditions. Please note that for this unit to function, a compatible air handler or coil is required. Sometimes, the air handler or coil that is paired in a system bundle will be larger than the heat pump condenser in tonnage to maintain the unit’s overall efficiency.
At 16 SEER, one of the highest efficiencies on the market for this type of system, the GSZC160481 can save you around 12% in energy bills in comparison to a 14 SEER system, saving you money over time to spend on the things you care about most instead of on your energy bills.
Two Stage Compressor, Designed with Comfort in Mind
The Goodman GSZC160481 heat pump is built with a two stage compressor, allowing for a more stable temperature output. With its built-in compressor muffler, noise blanket, and superior cabinet insulation, the noise output is decreased to make it almost whisper-quiet, along with the two stage compressor that decreases operation noise output when on the lower stage.
The GSZC160481 heat pump condenser comes standard with a 10 year parts warranty. To provide a peace of mind on its two stage compressor, Goodman also offers a lifetime heat exchanger warranty when paired with a new air handler or coil. All of these warranties require an installation that follows your state and local codes and the unit must be registered online through the manufacturer.
Durability and Reliability
With its durable structure designed for harsh conditions and its paint layer that makes it approved for up to 500 hours of salt spray, the Goodman GSZC160481 heat pump condenser is compliant with Florida 2010 integrity building codes when properly anchored. For enhanced reliability, the liquid line is fitted with a bi-flow filter drier, lowering general wear-and-tear by filtering out impurities and system contaminants. All of these features provide peace of mind to system owners, lowering the costs of equipment upkeep.
Installation and Maintenance
In order to provide a faster and less expensive installation, the Goodman GSZC160481 heat pump is factory-installed with pressure switches, a high-capacity muffler, easily accessible gauge ports, and service valves with sweat connections. The cabinet of the unit is also fitted with dual access panels—one on the side and one on the top—to allow for a much easier maintenance procedure should the need for maintenance arise.
4 to 5 Ton 24.5" Width Goodman Vertical Evaporator Cased Coil
The Goodman CAPF4860D6 Upflow/Downflow Cased Indoor Air Conditioner Evaporator Coil is made for use with split-system air conditioning and Evaporator systems. The Goodman Air Conditioning and Heating Company has become one of the largest manufacturers of residential and light commercial air conditioning, heating, and indoor air quality products and systems by focusing on just one thing, building the most reliable and refreshingly affordable indoor comfort products in the market.
- Suitable for use with R-410A and R-22 refrigerants
- Rust-resistant, thermoplastic drain pans feature a low water-retention design
- Check flowrater expansion device for heat pump or cooling-only applications
- Rifled aluminum tubing and louvered aluminum fin coils on the CAPF, CAUF, and CHPF coils
- AHRI Certified; ETL Listed
- Foil-face insulation
- Galvanized-steel, leather-grain finish
- Architectural Gray paint finish on CAPF and CHPF cased coils
- Split-seam front for easy access
- 17½”, 21”, and 24½” CAPF coils have two 1¾” adapter plates
Goodman 3.5 to 5 Ton TXV Kit - R-410A
Goodman's TXV valves are designed to improve the reliability and efficiency of your central split system. With the TX5N4, you can be assured that your three-and-a-half to five ton system is getting the proper refrigerant flow, even through changing conditions. Since this valve is installed externally, it is easy to service and maintain. If you're looking to improve the efficiency and performance of your system, the TX5N4 is a good start.
Product Compatible With
- Goodman GSX130421 Air Conditioners
- Goodman GSX130481 Air Conditioners
- Goodman GSX130601 Air Conditioners
- Goodman GSX130611 Air Conditioners
- Goodman DSXC160481 Air Conditioners
- Goodman DSXC160601 Air Conditioners
- Goodman DSXC160481 Air Conditioners
- Goodman DSXC160601 Air Conditioners
- Goodman GSZ130421 Heat Pumps
- Goodman GSZ130481 Heat Pumps
- Goodman GSZ130601 Heat Pumps
- Goodman SSZ140421 Heat Pumps
- Goodman SSZ140481 Heat Pumps
- Goodman SSZ140601 Heat Pumps
- Goodman SSZ160421 Heat Pumps
- Goodman SSZ160481 Heat Pumps
- Goodman SSZ160601 Heat Pumps
- Goodman DSZC160481 Heat Pumps
- Goodman DSZC160601 Heat Pumps
- Goodman DSZC180481 Heat Pumps
- Goodman DSZC180601 Heat Pumps
- Goodman CAPF3642*6 Evaporator Coils
- Goodman CAUF3642*6 Evaporator Coils
- Goodman CHPF3642B6 Evaporator Coils
- Goodman CSCF3642N6 Evaporator Coils