The GMES961005CN Goodman gas furnace features high-quality construction and efficient operation at a great value. The GMES961005CN single-stage, multi-speed furnace utilizes Goodman's superior heat exchanger design to provide efficient, reliable heating to your home. If you're looking to cut your energy bills and improve your comfort without breaking the bank, your search stops with the Goodman GMES961005CN.
- This furnace is ideal to heat a smaller house (depending on climate)
- 100,000 BTU 96% efficient natural gas furnace
- Requires plastic/PVC flue venting
- Can be used in the upflow or horizontal orientation
- Can be converted to an LP furnace with a conversion kit (sold separately)
- Innovative design for electrical efficiency, safety, and lower sound output
The GMES961005CN Goodman gas furnace is 100,000 BTU’s. This BTU count is a measure of the input of the furnace per hour, while the output of this furnace is 96,000 BTU’s (100,000 X 96% AFUE) per hour. In ideal climate conditions, this 100,000 BTU furnace is usually used to heat a small house.
96% Efficiency Rating
The GMES961005CN Goodman gas furnace is 96% efficient, which is one of the highest efficiencies for gas furnaces on the market today. This efficiency means that 96% of the gas going into the furnace is used to heat your home, while the remaining 4% is lost to the furnace operation itself. Please note that all furnaces that are 90% efficient and above require plastic/pvc flue venting, while 80% efficient furnaces require plastic/PVC flue venting.
Single Stage Furnace
The GMES961005CN Goodman gas furnace is a single stage furnace has only one heat output. Regardless of the indoor temperature, this furnace will burn at 100% output whenever the thermostat calls for it. Like a light switch, this furnace’s burner will either be on or off and nothing in between. A single stage furnace is the standard efficient furnace since every time your furnace turns on the furnace uses the same amount of energy.
Natural Gas or LP Furnace
From the factory, the GMES961005CN runs on natural gas. However all Goodman gas furnaces can be converted to propane using the furnace’s corresponding LP conversion kit, an optional accessory at an additional cost that consists of a replacement set of orifices and springs.
Multi-Speed ECM Blower Motor
Instead of the last generation PSC blower motor, the GMES961005CN utilizes a multi-speed ECM motor, which uses less power and provides smarter air circulation. All of this causes an overall increase in the electrical efficiency of your furnace, which saves you money.
With installation that follows your state and local codes and with online registration, all Goodman furnaces come with a 10-year parts and lifetime heat exchanger warranty through the manufacturer.
Durable Hot Surface Igniter
The hot surface igniter on modern Goodman furnaces are more durable than previous designs, decreasing related issues and lowering maintenance costs. These hot surface ignitors are also more efficient than standing pilot and older HSI designs, saving you even more money.
Self-Diagnostic Control Board
The Goodman brand has improved technology from years of production experience, allowing for a long-lasting product that rarely has any issues. However, if something does go wrong on the furnace, the control board has a set of sensors that allow it to diagnose basic issues, allowing for easy troubleshooting and to notify the owner if basic maintenance or warranty work is recommended. This increases the overall safety of the unit, for the furnace itself and the occupants of the home where it is installed.
Heavy Gauge Steel Cabinet
The heavy-gauge steel cabinet on new Goodman furnaces provide adequate protection to the internal mechanisms of the unit. The cabinet is also more air-tight than previous models, allowing for a quiet, more economical unit due to losing less heat and preventing more sound from exiting the unit.
Ease of Installation
The value of modern Goodman furnaces doesn't end at efficiency. Today’s Goodman furnaces feature many different connection options to reduce installation. The GMES961005CN model has a more universal design, which consists of its ability to be installed in both an upflow or horizontal configuration. This allows for an easier installation in more locations, from your attic to your basement. The furnace also comes with color-coded low-voltage terminals that allow for a shorter and easier installation time, which decreases installation costs.